Intercessor Team Update April 1
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Give thanks to the God of gods, for His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords, for His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Psalm 136:1–3 (NASB)
This Psalm was a recent part of my quiet time before the LORD. Likely designed for liturgical use and sung in a solo-chorus responsive format, this prayer is a profound reminder of God’s goodness and love. A few evenings ago it also came to my mind as my wife Gloria and I had the blessed opportunity of partaking in a meal with a dear brother and sister in Christ. During the meal, we shared testimonies of how the LORD called each of us to be His own. It was a joy not only to hear, but especially to share of how God worked in my heart. And with that sharing came a profound sense of thanks—thank you LORD for your faithful work and patient grace in my life, even as I was running from you; and may we never forget the“lovingkindness” of God, nor take it lightly. That evening, and this Psalm, affirmed all the more how important it is that we remember, recall, and rejoice in God’s glorious work amongst us!
In the days ahead, be mindful to bring the following petitions before our Lord’s throne of grace:
· We offer praise for God’s gracious work in our lives as individuals, but too in our AFLC as a whole.
· We offer praise for the privilege of hosting students at the Spring Preview, March 30-31st. May the Holy Spirit of the Living God work upon these hearts, drawing many to Bible School.
· We seek that we would always realize our absolute dependency upon the LORD. May we not fall prey to the wiles of pride and self-sufficiency.
· We seek the LORD’s continued work in the area of TRACS accreditation. A team will be onsite this week for a visit. May this be a blessing and encouragement to all parties involved.
· We seek God’s blessing for the upcoming Cross Cultural class ministry in Ecuador being led by Pastor Kevin Olson from April 2nd-17th.
· We seek God’s favor and grace in the forthcoming Concert Choir tour to several churches in the Southeast United States. The tour will be April 4th-20th, and we pray strength, safety, and the Spirit’s mighty working in this ministry opportunity.
· We seek God’s glory in every decision, earnestly desiring His will to be done.
· We seek wisdom, understanding, and faithfulness for our leaders, particularly Pastor Korhonen, Pastor Lee, Pastor Mark Olson, and Pastor Rolf as they lead our AFLC, our Seminary, and Bible School.
· We seek the LORD’s comfort for the Mundfrom family as they grieve the earthly passing of our dear brother, John. All the more in grief may we find encouragement in the presence of Jesus.
Resting and rejoicing in the Lord’s lovingkindness,
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa