Each summer, AFLBS, along with AFLC Home Missions, sends anywhere between seven and nine teams to encourage believers, reach young people for the Lord, and make disciples of Jesus Christ through Vacation Bible School, concerts, and Bible Camps. We’d love for one of our teams to come serve your congregation! Please find more information about our teams below:
- Ambassadors: Made up of two men, two women, and an accompanist, this team is commited to proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ through musical concerts and through testimony of what God has done in their lives.
- Majesty: This team, made up of five individuals (at least two young men and two young women), serves a dual purpose in ministry. During the summer weeks, they serve as both camp worship leaders/counselors and as VBS teachers in various congregations.
- Cornerstone, Timothy, Joshua, Foundation, Covenant, Zion: Each of these teams, composed of two men and two women, travel to churches throughout the AFLC, ministering to children and family through VBS. Occasionally, the teams serve as camp counselors as well.
- North Barnabas: The North Barnabas team, an AFLC Home Missions team made up of two men and two women, travels throughout the midwest and eastern portion of the states, serving churches through VBS ministry.
- South Barnabas: Also sent out by the AFLC Home Missions Department, the South Barnabas team conducts Vacation Bible School throughout the midwest and southwestern states.
These teams seek to serve churches and camps and leave them refreshed and excited about God’s work. Their main emphasis is teaching Vacation Bible School, sharing testimonies, counseling at Bible camps and building relationships. Teams are also fully equipped to share testimonies, lead youth group events, and assist with outreach as well.
Each team member goes through an application process before they are called to serve on a team. The final team selections are usually announced in mid-February. Once we confirm the teams, we can finalize team schedules. Itineraries typically become complete and public at the end of March or at the beginning of April.
Suggested Donation: $1050 for a summer team to minister for one week. $1450 where there are two congregations and two Vacation Bible School’s in one week. For Ambassador and Majesty concerts, we ask for a free will offering to be taken at the concert.
Team Training: All summer team members enroll in a practical Children’s Ministry training class throughout the Spring semester that prepares them for Summer ministry. All students also participate in an intensive summer ministry training week during the final week of May as well.
Team Availability: Teams are available from the first Sunday of June through early part of August.
VBS Materials: Each year, the curriculum is chosen by late February. We send our teams fully equipped to teach this material and assist congregations in outreach and evangelism.
How to Request a Team:
To request a team, fill out the Request Form online. Please submit forms no later than February 1st.
To help us in the scheduling process, please include at least three possible dates/weeks that would work for your church to host a team. If your church or camp is open to any week, please indicate that. We will notify you when we have found a week that works best for both the team and the church, and we will confirm the date with you then.
Please indicate if you have a preference for an AFLBS team or a Home Missions Barnabas Team. (Home Mission Congregations have first priority for Barnabas Teams)
Mailed requests for teams can be sent to the following addresses:
(Ambassadors, Majesty, Cornerstone,
Foundation, Timothy, or Joshua):
Attn. Chad Friestad
3134 E. Medicine Lake Blvd.
Plymouth, MN 55441
For a Barnabas Team:
Attn. Pastor Paul Nash
3110 E. Medicine Lake Blvd.
Plymouth, MN 55441