Is Bible school worth the time?
Still on the fence about what to do next year? Wondering if Bible school is worth the time?
Maybe you’re concerned about getting behind in college. Or perhaps you’re thinking, “It will just be easier if I take a year off.”
Take a moment and consider a few of the many reasons why choosing to attend Bible school could be one of the most life-changing decisions of your life.
- Grow in relationship with God. Just as a greenhouse makes it possible for plants to grow at all times of the year, Bible school is a spiritual greenhouse that provides an atmosphere for spiritual growth as disciples of Christ.
- Fellowship with other Bible-believing Christians. Our culture is turning against evangelical Christians. Like no other time in history, young adults and college students need a Christ-centered body of relationships to encourage them.
- Get grounded in the truths of God’s Word. Your spiritual foundation is the most vital part of your life as a Christian. Bible school helps firm up your understanding of God’s Word, which helps you withstand the attacks of a secular society.
- Time spent in the Word of God is never a waste of time. It is a valuable time. The Word of God is powerful and works in the hearts of people. Students come as one kind of a person and they leave as someone different. It’s impossible to stay the same when you spend time studying Scripture.
- Two years really isn’t that long. Based on today’s average life expectancy, two years is 2.5% of your life. The two years that you spend at Bible school will in turn impact 100% of the rest of your life, regardless of what school you attend or what career you choose. It will shape how you live your life and how you view the world.
The choice to study God’s Word is a choice that is impossible to regret. God’s Word is “living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword.” It’s worth studying.
To request more information about AFLBS, click here.
Ready to take the next step? Go to www.aflbs.org/apply.