Dear AFLBS Juniors & Seniors:
The 2017-2018 school year at AFLBS is fast approaching, and we are so glad you are planning to join us! This webpage contains all the information you need for Registering for this upcoming school year. There is also additional information on this page to help you prepare for AFLBS. Please read through all the content on this page and fill out the Registration form.
If you have any questions about Registration, please call the AFLBS office (763-544-9501) or e-mail our Registrar, Julia Erickson (email@example.com).
- Read through the 2017-2018 Student Handbook
- Read through all the other information (Music Opportunities, How to Prepare for AFLBS, Financial Planning, Orientation Schedule, etc.) supplemented on this page.
- Fill out the Registration Form (link to the form is at the bottom of this webpage). This form is Due August 15th. Any forms received after the 15th will have a $20 late registration fee charged to their student account.
- Make your payment – Either pay the full semester amount or $3700 by August 15th. Payments can be sent to AFLBS or paid online here
Once you have finished these steps, you be ready to move on to Campus September 3rd. *Please note that you cannot move in until you have completed Registration and made the $3700 down payment.
Preparing for AFLBS
We are excited that you have decided to come to AFLBS, and we look forward to a great year studying God’s Word together with you! The following items will be of great benefit to you as you prepare to begin the year.
1. Pray for yourself, your future roommate(s), your teachers, your dorm staff and your dean. Pray that God would prosper your time at AFLBS in His Word.
2. Get in Touch with your roommate(s). You will be notified who your roommate(s) is/are by August 15. When room assignments come out in August, get to know your roommate(s). Discuss things that each of you plan to bring.
3. Bring an extra car key. This will be used only for emergency maintenance, such as snow removal, or in case you are locked out of your vehicle. It will be kept in a secure location in the office and only used in the above situations.
4. Read your student handbook as it will help you prepare for life on campus. The Scripture verses included are intended to encourage you in understanding the guidelines. Please pay special attention to the following:
a. Dress Code (p. 28)—Out of respect for your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, we ask that you take care to bring only suitable attire.
b. Televisions/Video Games (p. 32)—AFLBS desires students to spend time studying and developing meaningful friendships; therefore we ask that students do not bring televisions, inappropriate movies, and violent video games.
c. Pets—Allowable pets are limited to fish in small aquariums. (p. 33)
d. Music (p. 31-32)—Music with lyrics contrary to Biblical principles is not allowed on campus.
e. Academic and Community: Expectations and Policies (pp. 24-33 and 44-49)—Please carefully read these sections! We want this to be a great year for you in every way!
Our prayer is that your time here would be one of tremendous growth and blessing. These guidelines are designed to aid in achieving those ends, and we appreciate your compliance. Know that we are praying for you and looking forward to your arrival on campus!
Moving On Campus…
Things to bring:
- Sheets, Bedding, Pillow, Mattress Pad (regular size unless an extra-long mattress is requested). *Some updated rooms include only extra-long bed frames & mattresses. You will be notified by your Resident Head if you have one of these rooms by August 15th.
- Toiletries/Towels/Wash Cloths
- Laundry detergent & other cleaning supplies
- Computer/class supplies (computer labs and printers available)
- First aid supplies/prescription medicine
- Optional – Non-halogen Room lighting (overhead lighting provided)
- Small refrigerator (up to 4.6 cubic feet)
Things that are not allowed:
- Air Conditioners
- Halogen Lamps
- Clothing Iron (Provided with ironing boards in laundry/kitchen areas)
- Hot Plates, toasters, or appliances with an open heating element (Small appliances are provided in the laundry/kitchen areas)
- Incense/Incense Burners
- Large Refrigerators
Room furnishings provided by AFLBS:
- Bed or loft
- Trash can
- Window coverings
- Desk and desk chair
Move-in is Sunday, September 3 beginning at 1 p.m. (Seniors)/ 2 p.m. (Juniors). The opening service for students and their family is at 4:30 pm with supper following. You will have free time on Monday afternoon for further unpacking. Monday and Tuesday morning will be full with orientation sessions, and classes begin on Wednesday. Please look over the Orientation Schedule here: Fall Orientation Schedule 2017
Music & Outreach Opportunities
Please look over the Music & Outreach information here: AFLBS Music and Outreach 2017-2018 if you are interested in what music opportunities our school offers. Our Music Director, Mr. Andrew Hanson, is available for early auditions for our choirs and Gospel teams.
Finding a Job & Financial Information
Finding a job is an important part of paying for AFLBS. Here are some employment opportunities Plymouth, MN has to offer and many places that AFLBS Alumni have worked before! Possible Employers
The Financial Planning Information for the 2017-2018 School year should be looked over carefully. Financial Planning 2017-2018
You will select a payment plan when you fill out your Registration form. If you have any questions about finances for the school year, please contact Katie Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Make sure you have read through all the information above before filling out the Registration form for 2017-2018. Please fill out the Registration Form by August 15th. Any Registrations received after August 15th will be charged a $20 late registration fee.
There is a class schedule you can view on the online form, but here is another for you to look over. Fall Class Schedule. Make sure you select what electives you want to take for this semester before you fill out the Registration form. Also double check that your Electives don’t overlap each-other (are scheduled at the same time). You will finalize your class schedule during Orientation.
The Registration Form includes the following parts:
- Information & Release Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Student Payment Agreement Disclosure Statement
- Car/Bike Registration (if applicable)
- Roomate Questionairre – optional, but recommended for those who haven’t received a roommate assignment yet. (Roomate assignments are sent out in August.)
- Class Registration
*If you have questions about the Registration Form or the Registration process, please contact the AFLBS office (763-544-9501)