We are committed to help you every step of the way through your admission process. Chad, Matthew, and Anja are here to answer your questions through the application process. We are glad you are considering AFLBS!
Student Development Director
- It is expected that those who seek entrance to the school do so because of an earnest desire to know Christ more intimately, to follow Him more closely, and to serve Him more faithfully.
- In order that every student may make the most of his/her time and opportunity, he/she is expected to observe faithfully the guidelines of the school, outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Three recommendations: 1) a pastor, 2) spiritual mentor, and 3) Teacher or Employer are required.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Proof of health care coverage. If a student does not have coverage, contact the school for special arrangements.
A student needs to complete the following steps to be considered for admission to the Association Free Lutheran Bible School:
- Return a completed application form to the Admissions Office. Please give special attention to the reference section of the application.
- A $20 non-refundable application fee is required for all applications. However, the application fee is waived for applications submitted on or before February 1 the year of enrollment. The application fee increases to $50 for applications that are received after August 1 for the fall semester or November 1 if applying for the spring semester.
- High School Transcripts must be sent to the AFLBS Admissions office along with a final transcript to be sent in June. Official transcripts from any other colleges attended must also be sent.
- Three recommendations: 1) a pastor, 2) spiritual mentor, and 3) Teacher or Employer are required.
For students applying after July 1: a Health Record Form must be completed as part of the application process and will be required for acceptance.
- Students are required to submit a $100 deposit to secure their spot, due July 1.
- A Health Record Form for incoming students is to be completed by a doctor or nurse practitioner and is due to the AFLBS Office by July 1.
AFLBS is authorized under federal laws to enroll non-immigrant students. International applicants need to apply well in advance of normal deadlines due to the additional processing time required to accommodate the additional paper work and requirements.
INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
International students have the same admission requirements that are listed on the previous page for other students with the addition of the following:
- English proficiency. All students, regardless of national origin, must demonstrate English proficiency. A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) may be required of all international applicants from countries whose national language is not English. This test must be taken in the applicant’s home country. Students must have a minimum passing score for admission.
- Certificate of Eligibility (Immigration Form I-20). The United States Government requires individuals applying for a student visa to submit form I-20, indicating acceptance and resources to finance an education at a given college. The applicant must be formally admitted to the school as a full-time student. AFLBS will mail an I-20 to international applicants who meet admission requirements and complete the application procedure.
- Letter of Financial Backing. This should be a document from your sponsor (or yourself if you are providing your own support) certifying that financial resources are available to pay your expenses while you are in the U.S.A. Please include bank statements or other supporting documentation that substantiates the ability to meet financial obligations.
- We also request written endorsement from your pastor or leadership of your denomination.
Internatioal Application Procedure
- Return a completed application form to the Admissions Office along with two small photos of yourself.
- Return a Supplemental Application for International Students with specific evidence of financial resources. Deadline for both applications is July 1 for Fall Semester.
- A $300 non-refundable application fee in U.S. funds. This includes the I-901 SEVIS Application Fee.
- Official transcripts must be sent from high schools and all previously attended colleges. These transcripts must be translated into English.
- Health form must be completed by a physician and be sent to the registrar prior to acceptance. Proof of immunizations is required. All international students must provide proof of medical insurance coverage from their home countries or purchase medical insur- ance coverage in the United States.
- Written endorsements from parents and pastor.
Ready to take the next step? Download an application or request one to be sent by mail.
Application Deadlines for Fall Semester:
All application materials must be submitted on or before the one of the following dates in order to be considered for admission.
December 1– $20 application fee waived, receive a free AFLBS Hoodie, and a $20 Amazon Gift Card! February 1 – $20 application fee waived and receive a free AFLBS Hoodie After February 1 – application fee increases to $20; receive a free AFLBS T-shirt After August 1 – application fee increases to $50
Application Deadline for Spring Semester:
Often, students choose to start during the Spring semester. The application deadline for starting in January is November 15. Applicants must follow all the steps listed above in order to be considered for admission. Applications received after November 15 will be subject to a $30 application fee increase. Either the full semester amount or a minimum down payment of $2,640 is due by December 1.
Click here to request an application, or download and print the materials below. Applications will not be approved until all the necessary paperwork has been received. Once your file is complete and reviewed by the AFLBS Admissions Team and the AFLBS Dean, you will be notified by mail if you have been accepted.
Included in the application is:
- Application Form
- Recommendation Forms: Spiritual Mentor, Pastor, and Teacher or Employer Recommendation Forms
- Scholarship Application Form
- Health Record Form – to be submitted after a student is accepted, due July 1.
Make sure to include transcripts from your high school and any other colleges you have attended.
AFLBS offers an affordable tuition rate and a very reasonable room and board plan. Many friends of AFLBS, alumni, financial supporters, and churches donate money to keep AFLBS as affordable as possible. The total cost per year at AFLBS is currently $9,970. This amount includes tuition, room, board, and other necessary fees. Either the full semester amount or the minimum down payment of $3,300 is due at the time of registration for the semester you are applying for. This amount should be in the form of cash, check, money order or cashier’s check. Payment plans may be arranged with the AFLBS Student Accounts Manager. Prepayments can be made at any time. For more details on costs and payments, please refer to the AFLBS Financial Planning Sheet.
Scholarships are available at AFLBS. For incoming students, scholarships are reviewed and issued on the deadline dates listed below. For current students, scholarships are reviewed each fall and spring. The scholarship application form must be filled out in its entirety and mailed to our office by the deadlines listed below. Incoming students must complete the admissions application process before being considered for an AFLBS scholarship. Filling out this application does not guarantee that you will receive scholarship help. Applications are reviewed by the scholarship committee and distributed based on financial need, academics, and Christian service experience. Scholarship Application Deadlines February 1 – Decision letters mailed by mid-March June 15 – Decision letters mailed by mid-July After June 15 – students may still apply, however, funds will be more limited. Time of notification will vary depending on the time of application.
If you need help with the application process, please feel free to contact the AFLBS Office at 763-544-9501 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in AFLBS! Fill out the form below and we’ll send you an information packet to help you decide if AFLBS is the place for you.
View AFLBS Campus Brochure
Be our guest on campus! Start planning your visit today. Experience classes. Get to know students and professors. Get your questions answered. Experience AFLBS for yourself!
To set up a campus visit, call the AFLBS office at 763-544-9501. For more information on campus visit events or to request a campus visit online, click here for the visit page.
1. Is a health form required?
The Health Form is not required for acceptance to AFLBS, but it is required before the student enrolls in classes. The Health Form is due July 1. For students applying to AFLBS after July 1, the Health Form is required as part of the application process.
2. When do I pay the application fee?
The application fee must be paid at the time your application is submitted to AFLBS. This amount should be in the form of cash, check, money order, or cashier’s check.
3. Do I need to put down a deposit?
Yes. A $100 deposit is required once a student is accepted to secure his/her spot. The deposit is due July 1.
4. When do I make my first payment?
Either the full semester amount or the minimum down payment of $3,300 is due at the time of registration for the semester you are applying for. This amount should be in the form of cash, check, money order or cashier’s check. Payment plans may be arranged with the AFLBS Student Accounts Manager. Pre-payments can be made at any time. For more details on costs and payments, please refer to the AFLBS Financial Planning Sheet.
5. What payment plans are offered?
See our Financial Planning Sheet for detailed information.